The Citizenship and Immigration Service issues an Employment Authorization Document. The Social Security Administration issues a social security number. Because of confusion about when to apply for what, the foreign national may sit around impatiently waiting for permission to apply for employment. In addition to preparing the application, Blandon Law assists foreign nationals with employment by confirming the foreign national’s immigration status in writing to potential employers.