Becoming a U.S. citizen by applying for naturalization is a much faster process now than ever before. The law firm has seen legal permanent residents go from application through oath ceremony in less than six months. Citizenship may be a possibility even if there have been arrests in the past or if the foreigner has been outside the United States for a considerable period.

The permanent resident must be a legal permanent resident for three (3) or five (5) years, depending on the related law, and be physically present in the country for half of that time. Blandon Law will help applicants determine whether and when they can apply.

The spouse of a U.S. citizen can apply for citizenship after three years of legal permanent resident status. We recommend applying for citizenship even before the removal of conditional case has been decided. The firm’s services include lawyer representation at the immigration interview, preparation for the interview, and preparation of the application.  With our help, the foreign national only has to worry about the civics and history exam.

Individuals who obtain their permanent resident status through the Violence against Women Act can apply for naturalization ninety (90) days before the three-year anniversary of the approval or their permanent resident status. In other words, they are eligible three years – not the usual five years – after receiving residency. Of course, these victims of abuse need not live with or be married to the U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouse. This exception also applies to the child victim, even if the “child” was 21 years old or older at the time s/he became a resident.