Blandon Law, based in Broward County, has attorneys who advise both U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents on how their family members can immigrate to the USA by sponsoring them for a green card, starting with an I-130 petition. Depending on the relationship, family members can come to the United States and obtain their own green cards based on these family-based applications. Our lawyers answer questions about the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration officer interviews based on the client’s personal circumstances.

U.S. citizens can apply for their spouses, parents, children regardless of age, and siblings. Spouses, parents and children under 21 years of age apply for green cards automatically. They qualify as immediate relatives. Children over 21 years of age and siblings of U.S. citizens must wait until a visa number becomes current. These are preference categories.

Other preference categories include the spouse, children younger than 21 years of age, and unmarried sons and daughters over 21 years of age of legal permanent residents. Married sons and daughters of permanent legal residents must wait until their parents become U.S. citizens to obtain a green card based on a family-based petition. Throughout the process – whether it takes months or years and whether they are in Weston or anywhere else in the world – Florida-based Blandon Law attorneys work with the mother, father, son, daughter, child, wife and husband to get the green card for the family member.